You can use our premium services for anonymous IRC without problems.
In opposite to Jabber IM clients we did not found DNS leaks in all testet IRC clients.
Open the network configuration of your prefered IRC client and enter the following in the proxy settings:
- Host: localhost
- Port: 4001
- Type: HTTP or SOCKS5
IRC servers are connected to networks. All servers of network share the same channels and use the same DNS name.
||chat.freenode.net||6697 (SSL)|| a large IRC network|
||irc.anonops.li||6697 (SSL)||the IRC network of ANONYMOUS|
||irc.voxanon.net||6697 (SSL)||another IRC server of ANONYMOUS|
||irc.indymedia.org||6697 (SSL)|| |
||irc.debian.org||6697 (SSL)||support for Debian GNU/Linux|
||chat.wikileaks.org||9999 (SSL)||IRC server of Wikileaks|
||irc.telecomix.org||6697 (SSL)||Internet activists|
||irc.whyweprotest.net||6697 (SSL)||anonymous IRC net of AnonNet, Marcab.org,|
whyweprotest.net, Xenurage.com and EpicAnon.com
IRC chats are public, keep that in mind. Deanonymsation is not only possible with IP addresses but by
social threads too. Some recommendations to avoid deanonymisation collected by Anonymous:
- Do not include personal informations in your nick and screen name.
- Do not discuss personal informations in the chat, where you are from...
- Do not mention your gender, tattos, piercings or physical capacities.
- Do not mention your profession, hobbies or involvement in activist groups.
- Do not use special characters on keyboard, which are existent only in your language.
- Do not post informations to the regular internet while you are anonymous in IRC. Do not use Twitter and Facebook.
This is easy to correlate.
- Do not post links to facebook images. The image name contains a personal ID.
- Do not connenct to chat at the same time. Try to alternate.
Heroes only exist in comic books keep that in mind! There are only young heroes and dead heroes.
Restrictions for the Dresden (JAP) anonymisation servers
After careful consideration we have decided to restrict the size of downloads over the Dresden (JAP) mixes a little. The reason is to allow a more fair use of scarce resources of our servers especially for users who simply want to surf the Web. more...